I’ve had a few calls with potential new clients recently. Mostly women wanting to take stock, refine their plans, and work on overcoming some blocks in their business while things are… different.
I was reflecting on the themes coming up for these brilliant humans in business, curious to see whether these times are bringing up anything specific for creatives and small businesses.
Perhaps this was also on their minds too because I did spot a theme: several of the women I’ve spoken to asked a variation on the question, “Are your clients like me?”
Do other people struggle with this?
Am I unusual?
Is this unfixable, or can you help?
Am I in the right place?
My work isn’t for everyone, and there are certain things I don’t help with. I’m not an expert in Facebook ads. I’m not an accountant or an HR specialist. I’m not a designer or a web developer. There are plenty of wonderful experts out there who specialise in this kind of work.
I’m also not a coach who is purely focused on six-figure turnover, on churning out hundreds of products for the masses, or on making a quick quid with no substance. I’m sure there are business coaches and mentors out there who can help with that. (Though I don’t know that I can recommend one…)
So if I’m answering, “Am I in the right place?” there are several factors to my answer.
But if you’re wondering if you’re the only one struggling with confidence, getting organised, creating a sustainable business, making the right decisions for you, or cutting out the noise, you are definitely not alone. My clients are like you.
And while I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s “fixable”, my work is here to help you dial up the volume on your authentic voice, your unique offerings, your fabulous skills, and turn the volume DOWN on the noise that distracts you from success.
I LOVE to help creative humans define their own success.
I’m a sucker for asking questions that delve deeper, and listening to allllll the answers.
And I delight in giving business owners compassionate accountability and structure to get them taking action in the right direction for them.
If you’re wondering if my clients are like you, here’s an incomplete but quick overview of my clients:
- My clients are mostly women with creative businesses, though I have a couple of non-creative business owners and women considering starting a business in the future
- My clients have a hunch they could be earning more, doing better, or feeling happier, but they’re not quite sure how to get there
- My clients have a lot of thoughts, and usually apologise for saying too much, or that it’s all “a mess” (when really this is a key part of the work we do together)
- My clients usually need a little nudge towards more confidence to do the thing they really want to do or are scared of doing
- My clients sometimes need to ask uncomfortable questions, and be gently encouraged out of their comfort zone
- My clients usually need or want homework, accountability, and clarity on the most important thing for them to do
We’re all humans in business. We all need support from time to time, whether it’s help setting up a new website, or creating a business strategy, or getting out of our own way.
If you’re looking for support, I’d love to hear from you – even if you’re not sure I’m the right person! Chances are I can recommend someone who is.
You can also join me on Mondays at 12pm for a group call to get a taste of what it’s like to work with me. Join Progress not Perfection – my group programme – currently Pay What You Can and I’ll share all the call details!